The Indiana University School of Nursing hopes you will join us in Indianapolis
for the 2015 PNEG Annual Conference!
Driving Change Through Educational Innovation and Collaboration:
Setting the Pace for Improved Outcomes
October 23-25, 2015
Preconference Date: October 22, 2015
Visit http://nursing.iu.edu/development/conferences-institutes/pneg/index.shtml for full conference information and updates.
The Professional Nurse Educator Group (PNEG) is a virtual network of educators from all over the United States that are dedicated the lifelong learning of professional nurses. This network is open to all educators in the field. While there is no formal process to join, membership list or dues, we welcome those interested in network participation to come to the special PNEG networking session at the annual PNEG Conference to participate in discussions and future conference planning. The network includes faculty from nursing schools, continuing nursing education professionals, entrepreneurs and nursing staff development professionals interested in being part of the network. Discussions also occur in the PNEG LinkedIn group (now with over 3900 members).
A history of PNEG, previous PNEG conferences, and future PNEG conferences can be found in the links at the top. The organization’s activities include a yearly PNEG conference and a LinkedIn group.
To encourage and support those involved in lifelong learning from schools of nursing, hospitals, entrepreneurial and continuing nursing education programs in order to promote best practices in the delivery of nursing care.
- Form a community among professional nurse educators
- Foster collaboration among its members
- Provide a forum for networking, exchanging information and discussing issues and ideas
- Serve as a resource to mentor new persons in the field
- Conduct an Annual Conference where an annual PNEG meeting will be held
- Honor and recognize those who have made a difference to the field of nursing professional development
- Preserve the history of nursing professional development
- Create and sustain a virtual discussion group (PNEG LinkedIn)
- Bridge the gap between staff development, continuing nursing education and academic nursing education
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world;
Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.
~ Margaret Mead ~